How to Torrent Safely Using PureVPN
In 5 minutes you can be Torrenting Anonymously
PureVPN is among the best torrent VPNs for truly anonymous torrenting. Its large number of fast proxy servers and easy-to-use app make PureVPN ideal for anonymizing your torrent activities. In fact, PureVPN’s app is virtually idiot proof when it comes to which settings to use.
The app also displays your download speed and lets you easily enable advanced features essential to torrenters such as DNS Leak Protection, a Kill Switch and even different encryption protocols.
PureVPN is one of the largest and longest running VPNs – they are no fly-by-night operator.
Appealing to beginners and intermediate torrenters alike, PureVPN routes your torrent traffic through the country exit gateway server you choose, hiding your true IP address from potential snoops, and encrypts your traffic.
This masking of your IP address, encrypting of your traffic and routing your file-sharing activities through torrent-friendly servers and jurisdictions is a combination that makes your torrent activities anonymous and safe, whether from your ISP or third party snoops.
Step-by-Step Details for Anonymous Torrenting with PureVPN
For the skeptical, risk averse or newcomers, all the nitty-gritty steps are explained below. The whole process can take as little as 5 minutes. Why not invest that short time to make sure you torrent anonymously for ultimate safety?
- Sign up at PureVPN. For peace of mind, they offer a 3-day money back guarantee.
- You will receive your username and password credentials by email; it will look like this (select to enlarge):
- The same email you receive will contain links for downloading PureVPN’s app if you haven't already done so (select to enlarge).
Remember, you can use a single PureVPN account on up to 5 devices simultaneously so download the PureVPN app on all of your supported devices including your computers, tablets and smartphones.
You can also go directly to the VPN website and download the apps at any time: visit PureVPN.com, scroll to the menu at the bottom of the page, under the subheading ‘Free Download' choose your operating system.
- After installing the app, launch it and enter your username and password from step 2 above. Tick the “remember” check box to skip from having to enter these manually again on that device (select to enlarge).
- For anonymous torrenting, you have a number of options:
- from the main Dashboard screen select the ‘Purpose or Country' drop down menu and select “Anonymous File Sharing” (see screenshot; select to enlarge). Using this method, PureVPN's app will automatically use the best settings.
- You can also select the ‘Personalized Selection‘ tab from the main screen and from the ‘Purpose' drop down menu select “Anonymous File Sharing”. Using this method, you can further select the ‘Protocol' you wish to choose and the P2P-supported country server you wish to use. Or you can just leave both settings to “Automatic” and let PureVPN make the best choices for you (see screenshot; select to enlarge).
- Once satisfied with your settings, select the green ‘Connect' button near the bottom of the app. The progress of the connection will be displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the app and your connection details – including the anonymized IP address given to you for the session – will be displayed in the status area at the upper-right.
You are good to go! Now start downloading torrents anonymously!
Optional Steps for Ultimate Torrent VPN Safety and Protection
The further steps outlined below are “optional” but will make your torrenting as safe as possible.
- It's a good idea to make sure any torrent VPN you use is actually hiding your true IP address (the one designated by your ISP) so that activities cannot be traced back to you via your ISP’s activity and user logs. To confirm your torrent VPN is actually working and protecting you, there are some special, but still easy, torrent IP checks you’ll need to do.
- Ideally you should use disk encryption for saving your torrents and downloads (the torrent payloads) to make sure they are safe from prying eyes. The super cautious might even consider installing and using their torrent app from an encrypted drive so that it is completely hidden and inaccessible when not in use.
- Also consider using a privacy cleaning tool to delete any fingerprints that may remain behind from your torrenting activities. Traces of anything you do on your computer and your other devices remain behind and can be uncovered by would-be snoops. There are plenty of free tools that work with a single click to protect you and eliminate these fingerprints.
Video: Watch PureVPN in an action anonymizing torrent activities
Watch this 1-minute video to get a feel for how easily PureVPN helps you torrent anonymously and safely (best viewed in full screen).
- How to Choose a Torrent VPN Anonymizing Service
- How to Download Torrents Anonymously ⇐popular
- Popcorn Time VPN Recommendations
- Are Your Torrent File-sharing Activities Being Monitored? ⇐popular