Welcome to the most trusted source of information about Internet privacy, anonymity and security.
I'm Matthew - an expert on these topics (I literally wrote the the book on them).
In the book, you'll learn how to:
- surf the Internet freely and get downloads without censorship or restriction
- stop search engines, social networking sites and powerful Internet players from tracking and profiling you
- prevent identity theft and keep cyber-criminals from hacking into your computer
- use encryption to keep your downloads, personal documents and sensitive information 100% hidden and safe
- use the best (and often free!) privacy, anonymity and security software that really works
- keep your computer free from viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, email/web bugs, spyware, adware and malware
- prevent Big Brother, your Internet service provider (ISP) and unwelcome snoops from monitoring you
- get rid of trace and hidden data on your computer that exposes your private activities
Both a blog and Facebook page complement the book.
The book currently enjoys 4-star ratings on both Amazon USA and Amazon UK.
Also, the well-respected Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC.org) reviewed the book which you can find at item #7 in
EPIC's Alert 18.23. I believe that it is a thoughtful and frank review. In it, the book is described
as "strangely satisfying" and that it "certainly contains good, practical information, presented in a clear, visually pleasing,
and logical way". The reviewer's concluding remarks include that, "... the book and attendant web site are remarkably helpful in
understanding and remediating the myriad issues related to online security and privacy.".
Here is the original press release announcing the launch
of the book.
I also did a radio interview on KUCI 88.9 FM in Irvine, California about the book. Here's a direct link to the audio stream of it or you can access it by clicking on
the 'Listen to this interview' link at the page Privacy Piracy >
Matthew Bailey. It's about 30 minutes in duration.
More About the Book
The book is a comprehensive and easy-to-read guide with up-to-date information and screenshots that explain the latest techniques and software tools needed to effectively counter these threats, whether surfing and downloading from the web, sharing torrents using peer-to-peer (p2p), chatting and instant messaging, using Usenet newsgroups or securing data on a computer with strong encryption.
Technology can be confusing and even intimidating, but this book contains all the information you need to empower yourself and stay private and secure in all of your Internet and computer activities.
Even more information about the book can be found on the blog or click the image below to preview the book using Amazon's 'Look Inside' feature.