Bitport is a popular online downloader. Our review reveals it's decent... but not perfect.
If you’re in the market for a cloud download service, you’re sure to come across the name Bitport. But is it any good?
Let’s take a look. This Bitport.io review will highlight the pros and cons of this popular online download tool, and even show you how to use it.
[+] 'Bitport Review' contents (select to expand)
Why Use a Cloud Download Service?
You can check out our in-depth look at all of the advantages of cloud torrent services here. But we’ll give you a quick summary in the meantime:
- Faster torrent downloads (increased bandwidth, no speed loss for simultaneous downloads, avoid throttling, etc.)
- Store your files in the cloud, where you can stream or download them at any time or even sync them to your computer
- Less risky than normal torrenting
- No software required (and they’re mobile friendly, too)
- Maintain your seeding ratio without wasting bandwidth (great for users of private torrent trackers)
Bitport Review: Advantages
Here are some of the highlights of the Bitport.io service.
Is Bitport Safe & Private?
Bitport.io is based in the Czech Republic, which is good news for torrenters, since it’s outside of the notorious “Fourteen Eyes” network.
Also, your direct downloads from the Bitport servers are fully encrypted, meaning even your ISP can’t see what you’re downloading.
Unfortunately, it’s not clear from Bitport’s site whether they keep logs or not.
Bitport Review: Disadvantages
There were some things about Bitport that we weren’t so thrilled with:
- Only 250GB of storage on the most expensive ($15/month) plan
- Files must be converted before streaming (though you can set files to be converted automatically after downloading)
- Can’t select individual files from a torrent to download
- No clear information about their logging practices
Bitport Pricing & Deals
Bitport offers a few different plans to choose from, starting with its Free plan.
Unfortunately, the free plan is very limited, with only one download per day and 1GB of storage. The download limit isn’t that big of a deal, if you’re not a heavy torrenter, but the size limit restricts you to the lowest quality movie files – and even those might be too big, for many movies.
But hey, free is free. 🙂
Bitport Discount Coupon?
Unfortunately, we don’t have any Bitport coupons to share at the moment, but we’ll keep you updated, so make sure to check back often.
Not sure about Bitport? Here are some of the top cloud torrenting alternatives.
– Get 1TB of storage and 25 simultaneous downloads for €5,75 to €9,99 per month. Read our full Premiumize.me Review for more details.
- Put.io – With up to 10TB of storage and 100 active transfers, Put.io is an excellent choice for heavy torrent users. You can try it for a day for only 99 cents.
- Offcloud – Offcloud offers unlimited cloud storage for as little as $5.83 per month. They also have a free account.
Tutorial: How to Download Torrents Using Bitport
Still not sure how Bitport works? Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started downloading your first torrent.
1. Locate a torrent file you want. Check out our tips for finding the best torrents.
2. From there, you can either:
- Copy the magnet link by right-clicking and selecting ‘Copy Link Location’ or
- Download the actual .torrent file
3. Navigate to the ‘Transfers’ page in Bitport. Then, either:
- Paste the magnet link into the box or
- Choose ‘Upload a torrent from PC’ and then select the file you downloaded a moment ago
4. Click the button to Add New Torrent
5. Wait for your file to download.
In the meantime, you can add up to 20 torrents for simultaneous download. Torrents often download almost instantly, especially if they are popular and already on Bitport’s servers.
If you have set up email notifications (though we recommend you don’t for privacy reasons), you will receive an email once your torrent is downloaded.
6. Boom! Navigate to the ‘Files’ screen where you can download or stream your file(s).
Keep in mind that you will likely have to convert the file before streaming it, unless you have Bitport set up to convert files automatically. You can find this option under the ‘Other’ section of the Settings menu.
Bitport Review Wrap-Up
So, now that we’ve looked at everything Bitport has to offer, it’s time to decide: is it worth using?
To summarize, it’s definitely a solid service, and you don’t have anything to lose by giving its free plan a try. That being said, if you’re looking for a provider with tons of storage space, you may need to look elsewhere.