Here’s a quick rundown of Frugal Usenet’s features and service, from good to bad.
Frugal Usenet: The Bottom Line
This is our latest installment in our quest to help you find the best Usenet provider.
Frugal Usenet provides good, no-frills Usenet service for a very low price. And with the addition of their higher-retention bonus server, plus a free 300GB BlockNews block account for yearly subscribers, it's a very solid standalone Usenet option for newbies and vets alike.
Frugal Usenet Review: The Positives
- Very affordable prices, from $4.99 per month to $50 per year (that’s only $4.17/mo!)
- Up to 2,000 days retention on main server and 3,000 on "bonus" server (note: bonus server has a 1TB monthly limit)
- Customer support is fast, responsive, and provides great feedback
- Strong speeds, with seemingly no hard speed cap
- Server farms in both the US and Europe
- 99%+ completion rates
- Provides 50 connections on all plans
- Yearly subscriptions include a free 300GB BlockNews account (4,300+ days retention)
- Free SSL encryption, to keep your data secure
- No monitoring of usage and traffic
- Anonymous payments available via Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies
- Only one plan to choose from, with either monthly or annual payments
- No free trial and a fairly strict refund policy
- No free extras, like a newsreader or VPN, included
Other Good to Know Info
- Posting to Usenet is supported
- Accepts PayPal payments
Frugal Usenet Coupons
There are no Frugal Usenet coupons available at the moment, but they are known to post sales a few times a year, so make sure to keep checking back! If you hear anything before we do, let our readers know in the comments.
Frugal Usenet Alternatives
Looking for something a little different in a newsgroup provider? Here are some great alternatives to Frugal Usenet:
- Astraweb – another rock bottom-priced Usenet provider with decent service and features
- Newshosting – for a slightly higher price, you get better retention and an included newsreader and VPN
Frugal Usenet Review Wrap-Up
By now, you should have a pretty good idea of what Frugal Usenet’s all about, including their most important features.
But if you’d like to know more, make sure to head on over to their website.
Or check out a head-to-head comparison between Frugal Usenet and the rest of the Usenet providers on the market.