Frugal Usenet Review
Here’s a quick rundown of Frugal Usenet’s features and service, from good to bad.
Frugal Usenet: The Bottom Line
This is our latest installment in our quest to help you find the best Usenet provider.
Frugal Usenet provides good, no-frills Usenet service for a very low price, but Usenet veterans will want to pair it with a solid block account due to Frugal Usenet’s lower retention rate.
Frugal Usenet Review: The Positives
- Very affordable prices, from $4.99 per month to $50 per year (that’s only $4.17/mo!)
- Customer support is fast, responsive, and provides great feedback
- Strong speeds, with seemingly no hard speed cap
- Server farms in both the US and Europe
- 99%+ completion rates
- Provides 50 connections on all plans
- Free SSL encryption, to keep your data secure
- No monitoring of usage and traffic
- Anonymous payments available via Bitcoin
Frugal Usenet Review: The Negatives
- Low retention, at just 600 days
- Only one plan to choose from, with either monthly or annual payments
- No free trial and a fairly strict refund policy
- No free extras, like a newsreader or VPN, included
Frugal Usenet Review: Other Good to Know Info
- Posting to Usenet is supported
- Accepts PayPal payments
Frugal Usenet Coupons
There are no Frugal Usenet coupons available at the moment, but they are known to post sales a few times a year, so make sure to keep checking back! If you hear anything before we do, let our readers know in the comments.
Frugal Usenet Alternatives
Looking for something a little different in a newsgroup provider? Here are some great alternatives to Frugal Usenet:
- Astraweb – another rock bottom-priced Usenet provider with decent service and features
- Newshosting – for a slightly higher price, you get better retention and an included newsreader and VPN
Frugal Usenet Review Wrap-Up
By now, you should have a pretty good idea of what Frugal Usenet’s all about, including their most important features.
But if you’d like to know more, make sure to head on over to their website.
Or check out a head-to-head comparison between Frugal Usenet and the rest of the Usenet providers on the market.