Premiumize.me Review: Powerful Cloud Downloader
Online downloaders (sometime called cloud downloaders) are the future. Our Premiumize.me review looks at this powerful yet easy-to-use online downloader.
Premiumize is one of the most popular cloud download services on the web. But is it worth the price?
Read our Premiumize.me review to find out - and also check out our practical tutorials about how to use it.
[+] 'Premiumize.me Review' contents (select to expand)
What is a Cloud Downloader?
A cloud downloader is simply the easiest way to download, save and enjoy media files online. A cloud downloader works like this:
Step One: Copy any link that leads to media files. These links can be the URL of a YouTube video, torrent magnet links, filehosting links, anything!
Step Two: Paste the link into the cloud-based downloader and submit it for fetching.
Step Three: That’s it! The file will be downloaded lightning fast and, especially if it’s a popular file, often instantly.
Step Four: Enjoy the file right away by streaming it, or keep it stored in the cloud to stream or download later.
Why Use a Cloud Download Service?
If you’re not already familiar with the advantages of cloud torrent services, you can read an in-depth breakdown here.
But the gist of it is:
Premiumize.me Review: Advantages
Here are some of the Premiumize features that we really like.
Much More than Just Torrents
Although torrent file-sharing is definitely a focus of this Premiumize.me review (and Cogipas!), you can use it to download almost any kind of file found online. Basically, if you can find it, Premiumize.me can download it.
From YouTube and Pornhub videos to cyber-locker / filehosting sites to Usenet NZBs and everything in-between, Premiumize.me can remotely fetch all kinds of links at high speed and transfer them to your cloud space, protecting your IP address and saving your bandwidth in the process.
Visit https://www.premiumize.me/services to access the list of sites and links that Premiumize.me supports (click on ‘Show all services’ but be prepared for a long list). Or download the list we printed as a PDF.
Is Premiumize.me Safe & Private?
In short, it does not log your transfers, track your downloads or snoop on your activities. The less Premiumize knows, the happier they are!
All transfers to and from your Premiumize.me cloud space are fully encrypted. Not even your ISP can see what you are transferring to or from your Premiumize.me cloud.
Further below, we provide a few torrent download tutorials using Premiumize.me so you can see exactly how it works. 🙂
Premiumize.me Review: Disadvantages
Of course, Premiumize isn’t perfect. Here are our biggest complaints.
With no free trial to speak of, trying it out means shelling out €9.99 (about $11.11) for one month. But if you like it, you can get an annual plan for only €5.75/mo (about $6.40/mo).
The user interface is super easy to use, once you realize a few things.
For example, you might scratch your head when you see a button called, "Container file" until you realize it just means add a .torrent file or .nzb file.
- Read more about NZB Usenet files
Similarly, you might be frustrated that you can’t find any options to move files in your cloud space until you click on three small dots and see cut and paste commands for doing just that.
Premiumize.me Pricing & Deals
Premiumize.me has one plan type, though they do offer discounts for longer subscriptions.
As we pointed out above, they don’t offer any sort of free plan or trial, unlike other top cloud downloader providers. But occasionally, premium members can invite friends. If you are lucky enough to get such an invite, you’ll get 15 to 30 days free.
Premiumize.me Download Tutorials
Sometimes, it’s easier to show you than tell you. See below just how easy and fast it is to download files with Premiumize.me.
Tutorial #1: How to Use Premiumize.me to Download Torrents
So, how does Premiumize work exactly? It’s pretty easy.
1. Find the torrent you want to download. You can do this using any torrent search site you like.
2. Depending on the source, you have two options:
- Copy the magnet link – this is usually achieved by right-clicking on the link and selecting ‘Copy Link Address’ or
- Download the torrent file itself – this will download a .torrent file through your browser to your computer or device
3. Add the magnet/torrent to Premiumize’s transfer section.
- For a magnet, simply right-click and ‘Paste’ into the box under ‘New Transfer’
- For a torrent file, click the ‘Container files’ button, then find and select the torrent file
4. Now, simply select ‘Start transfers’ to start downloading. You can also add multiple transfers.
5. Wait for your files to finish downloading. This is often mere seconds, especially for popular torrents!
6. Once the file is complete and added to your ‘My Files’ section, you have two ways to access it: downloading or streaming.
- For downloading, you can either hit the ‘Download’ button next to an individual file, or you can select multiple files and use the ‘Zip’ feature to download them all as a single .zip file.
- For streaming, just click on the name of the downloaded file or click the three dots to the right of the file and select ‘Open/Stream’. Remember, you can stream on any device including your phone.
Of course, as long as you’re a premium member, you can always leave your files in your 1TB cloud space to access them later.
Tutorial #2: How to Use Premiumize.me to Automatically Download TV Shows
Thought automating TV show downloads was hard? Guess again.
1. If you haven’t already, sign up for a free account over at showRSS.
2. Select ‘My shows’ from showRSS’ main menu and choose the TV shows you want to monitor for downloading as soon as they become available. You can change these at any time.
3. Next, select ‘My feed’ from the main menu, change any settings you want to (the defaults are fine though), scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the RSS URL address beside the shaded box ‘Your custom feed address:’
4. Then head on over to Premiumize.me Feeds by visiting https://www.premiumize.me/feeds, fill in the boxes and paste the feed URL address into the ‘RSS Feed URL’ box. You can always manage your added feeds at this same page under the ‘Your feeds’ heading.
Now, when any of the TV shows you are monitoring at showRSS become available on torrent sites, Premiumize.me will automatically download them to your private cloud space.
The downloaded files will be waiting for you in Premiumize.me’s ‘My Files’ section in a folder called Feed Downloads for you to stream or download as you like! Premiumize.me’s online streaming media player even supports subtitles.
It just doesn’t get any easier than this.
Tip: If you end up liking and using showRSS (and we think you will), consider tossing them a well-deserved donation with PayPal or Bitcoin.
So, with all of that out of the way, what’s the verdict on Premiumize.me?
In short, it’s definitely a solid cloud download service. However, it’s a tough choice as some of the other top cloud torrenting providers offer some combination of more storage, cheaper prices or free trials.