Our review of PureUsenet’s pricing, features and overall service.
The Bottom Line
PureUsenet is yet another solid newsgroup provider based in Europe, but some of their competitors offer more bang for your buck, depending on what features are most important to you.
PureUsenet Review: The Positives
- Solid pricing structure, from just €1,83 to €6,63 per month
- New users can try the service free for 7 days without committing
- Good variety of plans to choose from, making it easier to find one to fit your needs
- Unlimited data usage for every plan, from cheapest to most expensive
- Unlimited speeds available with their largest plan
- All connections encrypted with 256-bit SSL
- Anonymous payment option Bitcoin
PureUsenet Review: The Negatives
- No USA servers
- Only 1,100 days binary retention, which is on the low end
- Limited number of connections, from just 4 to 12 per plan (but read more about Usenet connections)
- No free newsreader or VPN included with any of the plans
PureUsenet Review: Other Good to Know Info
- Based in Europe
- Uses a Highwinds backbone
We don’t have any PureUsenet coupons to share at the moment, but keep checking back. Found one? Feel free to let everyone know in the comments.
The following Usenet providers are the best alternatives to PureUsenet:
- XS News – Based in the EU, offers both monthly and block accounts for every need
- Eweka – Another European provider, affordably priced, with very high binary retention rates
- Newshosting – Provider based in the US that also offers EU servers, great retention, and includes a free newsreader
PureUsenet Review Wrap-Up
Did our PureUsenet info bring you closer to a decision? We certainly hope so!
For an even closer look at the service, make sure to see their website.
Or if you’re curious about how PureUsenet compares to some of the other newsgroup providers on the market, here’s a detailed comparison of all Usenet providers.