Unblocking Disney+ from another country is easier than you think. Just follow these steps.
You’ve seen the baby Yoda memes that are all over the Internet, and now you just have to see what all The Mandalorian fuss is about. Or maybe you’d rather relive your favorite Star Wars films. Or Marvel Universe movie.
Or binge watch The Simpsons. Or, you know, watch some of the classic Disney movies that made the company the juggernaut it is, like the Lion King or Aladdin.
The new Disney+ offers all of this content – and more. But there’s only one problem.
Disney+ originally launched in the US, Canada, Australia, The Netherlands, and New Zealand. It's now expanded to other countries throughout the world... but not all of them.
If you try to access Disney+ from an unsupported country, it’s blocked. You can’t stream content, and you can’t even sign up!
Unless you use a VPN, that is. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to unblock Disney+ with a VPN.
[+] 'Unblock Disney+' contents (select to expand)
Get the Best VPN for Unblocking Disney+
Whether Disney+ is blocked in the country you live or you’re an existing subscriber who wants to stream while traveling, you’re going to need a VPN.
For streaming and unblocking Disney+, we recommend PureVPNPureVPN. Not only is it our top-rated streaming VPN, it’s already optimized its US servers to work with Disney+.
Signing up is easy:
The tips below are written from the perspective of accessing Disney+ US, but they should work the same for most countries where it's supported. However, PureVPN's servers can be hit or miss for some places, so try accessing through US, Canada, and Australia if you can't get it to work.
How to Unblock Disney+ When Traveling If You Already Have an Account
If you already have a Disney+ subscription, this will be easy.
Here’s an example of the situation:
- you normally live in the USA and already have a Disney+ account
- you are traveling abroad but want to chill out one evening and watch all your Disney+ favorites
Simply connect your VPN to a US-based server. This is sometimes called spoofing your IP address. That’s because the VPN will give you a US-based IP address and Disney+ will think you are accessing it from inside the good ol’ USA.
If you’re in South/Southeast Asia or Australasia, you may get better speeds by connecting to an Australian server and using Disney Plus Australia.
After connecting your VPN, simply access Disney+ and you should able to stream normally.
How to Sign Up for Disney+ When You Are in a Different Location
If you don’t already have a Disney+ subscription, things get a bit trickier.
For this situation, we assume you’ve already signed up for PureVPN. If not, go back to that step.
As we saw above, if you already have a Disney+ account and simply want to watch your favorite shows when traveling or otherwise away from your home country, that’s pretty easy. Spoof your IP address using PureVPN before accessing Disney+ and you’re all set.
The Hiccup Nobody Wants to Mention
But signing up to Disney+ from a different country is where things get a little tougher.
That’s because you’ll need a payment method that works in that country.
In other words, if you live in an unsupported country, you can’t use your local credit card or PayPal account to pay for a US-based Disney+ account, even if you use a VPN to spoof a US IP address.
There are two ways around this:
1) While spoofing your IP address, subscribe to Disney+ using a gift card as the payment method.
There are two ways to pay with a gift card.
- Buy a VISA prepaid gift card.
- Go here, to disneyplus.com
- Click ‘Buy Now’
- Choose your plan
- Enter your payment details
- Complete registration
- Buy an iTunes or Google Play gift card (depending on whether you use an iOS or Android device)
- Download the Disney+ app for iOS or Android
- Sign up using the gift card as payment. Note: Your app store account may need to be set to a country that already offers Disney+ (ex. The US)
And there you have it: you’re now a Disney+ subscriber.
2) Ask a friend of family member in that country to pay on your behalf.
They would basically follow the same steps above and then simply email you the login details for the Disney+ account.
- Once they send you their credentials, spoof your IP address whenever accessing the Disney+ account.
3) Enjoy all Disney+ has to offer!
Once you have both a VPN and Disney+ subscription in place, you’re ready to start streaming.
- Open the PureVPN app.
- Select a server in the US to spoof your IP address, preferably one that’s as close as possible to your current location.
- Once connected, simply log into Disney+ and enjoy.
If you’re still being blocked, try:
- Clearing your browser’s cache, then restart your browser and try again
- Access Disney+ in Incognito mode (this temporarily blocks cookies)
- If neither of these tips work, try connecting to a different US server in your VPN app
Until Disney+ is rolled out worldwide, there will always be people who want to access it where it’s not yet available.
And with the information above, you now know how to do just that.
If you’re worried these methods won’t work, don’t be.
Remember, PureVPN has a full 31-day money-back guarantee. If you're unsatisfied for any reason, you can ask for a full refund. 31 days is plenty of time to get signed up to Disney+!