Which Providers Allow Usenet Account Sharing?
These are the handful of Usenet providers that will happily let you share your account.
Wanna share your Usenet account? These providers allow Usenet account sharing.
Why would you want to share a Usenet account?
Well, perhaps you’re the frugal type, and would like to save money as much as you can on your monthly Usenet subscriptions. Or maybe you (or a friend) don’t download much from Usenet, so you can’t justify shelling out for your own account. Or maybe you and a friend want to combine your purchasing power to get your hands on a higher-volume block account deal?
Account sharing is an easy solution to these situations. Unfortunately, most Usenet providers do NOT allow account sharing – and you could even have your account cancelled if you are caught sharing.
But don’t worry. There are still a handful of newsgroup providers that do allow you to share Usenet accounts. Here they are.
‘Usenet Account Sharing‘ Contents (select to expand)
Summary: Usenet Providers that Allow Account Sharing
Here’s a handy summary of Usenet providers’ plans that allow you to share your account organized by ‘Monthly Plans’ and ‘Block Accounts’. We’ve highlighted unlimited monthly accounts because those are the best for sharing. 🙂
- Usenet.Farm – unlimited “To the Max” plan (max 2 people can share)
- ViperNews – all monthly plans (10 Mbps, 50 Mbps & unlimited) – cheap too!
- ExtremeUsenet – all monthly plans (4 Mbps, 120 Mbps & 300 Mbps)
- PureUsenet – all monthly plans (4/8/20/30/60 Mbps & unlimited)
- Sunny Usenet – all monthly plans (20 Mbps, 60 Mbps & unlimited)
- Usenet.Farm – all block accounts (unlimited sharing) – cheapest shared block account!
- NewsDemon – all block accounts
- TheCubeNet – all block accounts (max 2 people can share)
Usenet Account Sharing: By Provider
Here are the details about Usenet providers that allow account sharing along with some details about the plans that qualify. [Note: Prices (and conversions) were accurate at the time of publishing, but are subject to change.]
Usenet.Farm (Cheapest Shared Block Accounts)
Usenet.Farm has three plans to choose from – and two of them allow account sharing. These are:
- Unlimited speed“to the Max” account: €7,95/mo (~$9.06/mo) with a 2-user limit
- 500 GB block account: €15,00 (~$17.10) with unlimited users
The only Usenet.Farm account which doesn’t allow sharing is their limited speed, “Stingy” plan.
Usenet.Farm: allows sharing unlimited plans & block accounts
ViperNews (Cheapest Shared Monthly Plans including Unlimited)
ViperNews is a newcomer and already allows sharing on all of its accounts. It says so in black & white in the FAQ on its website, “you are allowed to share your account with one friend or family member”.
- VIPER10 (10 Mbit/s speed limit & 5 connections): €1,79/mo (~$2.04/mo)
- VIPER50 (50 Mbit/s speed limit & 20 connections): €2,69/mo (~$3.07/mo)
- VIPERUNL (unlimited speed & 40 connections): €3,59/mo (~$4.10/mo)
It has the cheapest unlimited account that can be shared, but just keep in mind that they are new, have only 100 days retention and are still working out some kinks.
ExtremeUsenet is a Dutch Usenet provider with a wide variety of plans to choose from, including…
- 4 Mbps: €4,00
- 120 Mbps: €10,00
- 300 Mbps: €17,00
They also offer discount accounts that can only be used during certain hours, from €2,50 for 12 Mbps to €6,00 for 60 Mbps.
And all of them can be shared!
PureUsenet is a BaseIP reseller, which makes it a great option for folks located in Europe. And it’s a good pick if you want to share accounts too, since all their packages allow sharing.
- 4 Mbps: €1,83/mo (~$2.09/mo)
- 8 Mbps: €2,63/mo
- 20 Mbps: €3,43/mo
- 30 Mbps: €4,23/mo
- 60 Mbps: €5,03/mo
- Unlimited speed: €6,63/mo (~$7.56/mo)
Users based in the US who are looking to share accounts may want to check out NewsDemon. Their unlimited download packages don’t allow sharing, but their block accounts do. They offer…
- 10 GBs – $4.00
- 100 GBs – $10.00
- 1000 GBs – $89.00
…and quite a few options in between.
Like NewsDemon, TheCubeNet only allows sharing on their block plans. But they permit up to 3 simultaneous users and have quite a few deals to choose from. Plans start at…
- 5 GBs: $2.99
- 50 GBs: $10.99
- 500 GBs: $39.99
- 750 GBs: $59.99
Check out their other options to find one that’s right for you.
All three of SunnyUsenet’s plans allow account sharing. It’s another reseller of Netherlands-based BaseIP.
- 20 Mbps: €3,79/mo (~$4.32/mo)
- 60 Mbps: €5,79/mo (~$6.60/mo)
- unlimited speed: €7,79/mo (~$8.88/mo)
Usenet Account Sharing Wrap-Up
Usenet account sharing won’t appeal to most or even many people. But for some, it can be convenient and save them money too.
Start with a modest monthly plan or block account and see how it works out. If it turns out to be a good thing, then you can sign up for longer-term plans or bigger block volumes.
Is there a Usenet provider that allows account sharing that we missed? Let us know in the comments!
Last updated: October 27, 2019