Our Usenet.Farm review breaks down the good and the not-so-good of this Dutch newsgroup provider.
Usenet.Farm Review: The Bottom Line
Amsterdam-based Usenet.Farm provides unique service for a good price (whether monthly plans or block accounts), but they don’t have quite as many features to qualify as a best Usenet provider on today's market. However, their 10 GB free trial without any credit card or payment info stands out and means you can try-before-you-buy completely risk-free.
Usenet.Farm Review: The Good
- Very affordable prices, at just $5.75/€4,95 to $9.25/€7,95 per month
- Unlimited speeds and unlimited data available (but … see the Not-so-Good section below)
- Hybrid provider, meaning they have access to their own and other Usenet backbone servers
- Servers in both the US and Europe
- Provides both monthly and block plans
- You can share your “To the Max” or “Block” accounts with friends
- Up to 40 connections available
- SSL encryption included
- Great privacy, with accounts that don’t even require a username or password - cool!
- Can be totally anonymous by paying with Bitcoin
- Free 10GB trial, with no payment information necessary
- No pesky recurring payments on any of their plans
Usenet.Farm Review: The Not-so-Good
- Download speeds are throttled after you hit a 2 to 3 TB “fair use” limit on monthly plans
- No refund policy (so you'll have to use the free trial to get a good taste before signing up)
- Usenet.Farm retention is only 900 to 1,100 days
- No newsreader or VPN included
Usenet.Farm Review: Other Good to Know Info
- Based in the Amsterdam, Netherlands
- A handful of plan options to choose from
- Uses high-quality, high-speed Omicron/Highwinds and XSNews backends
We don’t have any Usenet.Farm special deals to report at the moment. But check back soon, because they’re known for offering discounts and promotions, especially during the holidays!
Here are some alternatives to Usenet.Farm to consider:
- Eweka – Another Dutch-based provider, provides truly unlimited data and offers much higher retention of 3,200+ days
- Newshosting – A more well-rounded provider, with a generous 20 GB free trial, great speeds, unlimited data, retention, plus includes a free newsreader and VPN; but pricier than Usenet.Farm
Usenet.Farm Review Wrap-Up
Have you come to a decision yet? Hopefully this breakdown of their service and features helps you make the right choice.
If you want even more info, you can find it on their website.
Or see our mega-comparison of all newsgroup providers to see how Usenet.Farm stacks up to some of the other Usenet services on the market.