Update: The 2/22/22 deal is dead! We’ll update this page the next time Thundernews has a sale.
Looking for the latest Thundernews deal? To celebrate February 2nd, 2022 (or 2-2-2022), Thundernews is offering unlimited annual plans for $2.22 per month, which comes to $26.64 for the whole year. And they’re even throwing in a free VPN!
That’s an excellent savings, but act now since this Thundernews sale is only for today!
Thundernews is a Usenet provider on the UsenetExpress backbone.
Here are some of the things you can look forward to with this Thundernews deal:
- Up to 3000+ days retention: That’ll allow you to grab files up to 8 years old or more.
- Servers in both the United States and Europe: Suitable for users in either region, and great for users who are outside the US and EU and want more server choices.
- 50 simultaneous SSL connections: You probably won’t even need all of them to max out your internet bandwidth on downloads.
- 99% article completion: No worrying about failed downloads with those numbers. The UsenetExpress backbone that Thundernews uses is one of the biggest and most reliable in the business.
- 24/7 support: If you do run into problems, you can rely on Thundernews’ support team, which is available around the clock.
- Unlimited message uploads: Most users don’t upload to Usenet, but if you do, Thundernews is a great provider.
Are there any disadvantages? Well, since Thundernews is no longer on the Highwinds/Omicron, you don’t get their industry-leading retention. But 3000+ days is plenty for most people.
The included VPN, OctaneVPN, doesn’t quite stack up to some of our other favorite VPNs. That shouldn’t be a problem for Usenet, but if you’re also using it for torrenting or other sensitive activities, we’d suggest shelling out for a torrenting VPN.
Finally, Thundernews doesn’t accept Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, only credit card, Paypal, or Worldpay.
But overall, it’s still a very solid Usenet provider on one of the best backbones.
By the way, if you miss out on this Thundernews deal, check back with us in the future as we try to post any sales as soon as they’re announced.